* It is a unique experience that gives you an opportunity to get rid of worldly life for a moment and explore life with spiritual understanding, connecting to the core philosophy of Buddhism.
* This experience is ideal for individuals who seek teachings and practices to develop inner peace and mental calmness based on the teachings of Buddhism
* Umandawa is an excellent place located in Kurunegala district, that focuses on the connection of life and environment and is surrounded by lush vegetation and majestic mountain ranges.
* We have designed this programme focused on mediation sessions, dharma discussions, meditative walks through the gardens and mountains, boat rides, and space to be by yourself with mindfulness.
* Parts of Umandawa have been transformed into lucrative organic farms, producing diverse varieties of vegetables and fruits.
* Vegetarian meals and beverages will be served from in-house organic supplies and local herbs.
Welcome drink / Breakfast / Refreshments / Lunch
Extra food and beverages consumed / Transportation to and from the Umandawa Ashramaya / Any tips to the staff / Any personal effects not mentioned here / Any other expenses not mentioned in ‘Price Inclusions’ section
Arrive at Umandawa Ashramaya at 6.00 a.m. and meet the SLDT representative. After the arrival you’ll be provided with a welcome drink and small description about the place and experience.
You can change into comfortable and appropriate, white coloured clothing and get ready for the experience
You will be provided with a freshly prepared Sri Lankan breakfast
Dhamma discussion will start at 8.30 A.M and will focus on mindfulness. This discussion will last for about one and a half hours.
After that you’ll have a small break of 15 minutes. Refreshments with cinnamon tea will be provided.
After that you’ll get an opportunity to enjoy nature and engage in some activities like walking, gardening, animal feeding, hiking, bird watching, and elephant watching.
Lunch will be completely vegetarian and will be prepared using freshly picked vegetables, grown in nearby organic farm yards.
After lunch it’s the time for the meditation session. Meditation is the process of quieting the mind in order to spend time in thought for relaxation or religious/spiritual purposes. The goal is to attain an inner state of awareness and intensify personal and spiritual growth
The experience will end at 5.30 P.M, after a brief discussion session with refreshments.
It is possible to extend the experience with accommodation in comfortable cottages and container houses that overlook a beautiful mountain range.
Buddhism is considered as the world's fourth-largest religion with over 520 million followers. Moreover, identifying it as a religion Buddhism can be explained as a philosophy that highlight the path of practice and spiritual development leading to Insight into the true nature of reality. Buddhist practices such as meditation are means of changing yourself in order to develop the qualities of awareness, kindness, and wisdom.
Similar to the way that fitness is an approach to training the body, meditation is an approach to training the mind. In buddhist traditions, there are different meditation techniques used. The ultimate expected goal of meditation is liberation of the mind from attachment to things it cannot control, such as external circumstances or strong internal emotions.
Lightweight and comfortable clothes